In order for students to grow academically, they should read approximately a million words a year! That sounds like a lot of reading, but it can be done by reading about 25 books! Students reaching the goal of reading 1,000,000 words will join the Millionaire Club, and be recognized at the Awards Assembly.
* Tournament of Books—Students will choose 2 books to read from the book tournament. The books will compete for the “Terrific Text Award”. Books with the most votes will win their bracket!
* Read at least 5 books each nine weeks, earning 10 AR points
- take the AR test on each book (AR avg. is one grade worth 100 pts.)
* Progress Reports goals: 2 books & 5 points
Need to know the reading level of a book?
* Students have access to the school library on a weekly basis, as well as during library open times, after students have completed their classwork. Students can check out one book at a time according to their level & needs.
* Students who reach their reading goal of 5 books & 10 points receive a special pass to check out 2 books at a time, and read outside their ZPD level.
Check your child’s progress:
Log in using your child’s user name and password.
If you’d like to recieve emails showing your student’s quiz or test results, click the Email Setup link in Renaissance Home Connect and follow the directions.